As you know, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is getting a lot of attention across the world. We are committed to the health and safety of our students and staff, and wanted to let you know that we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) in partnership with the local health authorities. We have also engaged our janitorial staff to perform more frequent wipe downs of door knobs, furniture and restrooms.
There are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in any of our schools. If a case were to occur, we would notify staff, students and parents from the involved school(s) and follow the recommendations of local, state and federal authorities.
School medical personnel are carefully watching the health symptoms of students and staff members, especially those who may exhibit symptoms associated with viruses.
We are encouraging frequent soap and water handwashing among students and staff, as it’s one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the following preventive measures:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Throw used tissues away in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick or not feeling well and avoid close contact with others through hugging, kissing or shaking hands.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs.
- Any student with a fever should remain at home until they are “fever free” for 24 hours.
- Seek assistance from a health professional if you see or experience symptoms that cause concern.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our school community healthy.