Office of Mathematics
Tindley’s Vision for Quality Rigorous Math Instruction
In every classroom, teachers will provide scholars with high quality engaging math instruction that is ambitious for all and provides supports for those who need it. Teachers will expose scholars with opportunities to apply mathematics in the real world through access to rigorous curriculum, instruction and assessments in preparation for college and career readiness:
We believe scholars can:
- Approach math like mathematicians.
- Draw on knowledge from a wide variety of topics.
- Create, refine and explore conjectures by using evidence
- Use various strategies to solve student conjectures
- Use mathematical reasoning to construct viable arguments, evaluate multiple representations, reflect on the process, and critique the reasoning of others;